Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I lose the focus of a button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYTEK

Programmer
Apr 26, 2002
GB
I have an application that sits idle in the background until a telephone call arrives at the desk, the form scrolls in from the right and has a button to 'Answer' the call. The call is answered and the button toggles to 'End call' but if the user is working in another app at the time she hits return to finish but this presses the button on the form and thus loses the call. What I want to do is scroll in the form but lose the focus at all time from the button, there are no othe object to pass the focus to. Can anyone help?

Cheers

If I understand your question correctly you could just place a dummy command button under the Answer/End call button. Set the Answer/End Call buttons tab stop property to false and just place a commented line in the click event of the dummy button. Hope this helps. Anything is possible, the problem is I only have one lifetime.
[cheers]

Did it do what you needed it to do? Anything is possible, the problem is I only have one lifetime.
[cheers]

I didn't have to create any other buttons just changing the tab stop property to False sorted the problem thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back