Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I logon locally to a Win2k/Win2k3 Domain Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut2005

Technical User
Apr 26, 2005
GB
Hi Everyone,

This has been eating me up for ages now and I've trawled through the internet with no avail.

Here's the scenario: I would like to move one of my Win2k/Win2k3 DC's to another physical site and I forgot to put in an IP address that is part of the subnet of the new site. How on earth can I log on locally to this DC so that I can change it's IP address. It is already at the new site and will not allow me to log on with cached credentials and it does not have an option under the 'Log on to:' drop down menu that gives the option of 'this computer'. Any ideas?

Thanks

there is a local policy you have to enter in the users and or groups that you want to allow to log in

Josh Williams

There are no local users and groups on dc's
You cant logon localy

Lars

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

Thanks guys, I've looked into the GPO's and there are no restrictions to allow an administrator to log on locally to a DC and there are no users and groups on the DC either. I think that you cannot logon locally to a DC at all. Anyone else? Any ideas?

That's what i say you cant logon localy
I dont see why you wanna logon localy to chage the ip address of the dc you can just logon to the domain and change it's ip address.

Lars

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back