Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I list only active faculty for most recent term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhfmc

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2003
US
I have inserted this statement in my Group Formula Editor, but it doesn't have the desired results:

Maximum ({SIBINST.SIBINST_TERM_CODE_EFF}, {@NameLastFirstID}) = {SIBINST.SIBINST_TERM_CODE_EFF} AND
{SIBINST.SIBINST_FCST_CODE} = "AC"

I am trying to identify the row in SIBINST which contains the most recent term (...TERM_CODE_EFF) of all rows for that employee and then list values only if the value for ...FCST_CODE is "AC" . I've sorted and grouped by {@NameLastFirstID}. This is listed:
200201 AC BlowJoe5555
I expected that row not to appear because of Joe Blow's other row, which is not listed:
200308 IN BlowJoe5555
How do eliminate Joe Blow from my Crystal Report?

Group Selection formulas act on a whole group, not on individual records within the group.

One option is to remove the condition from the group selection formula and use it in the suppress attribute of the detail section instead.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

IdoMillet,
Thanks for the help; I'll use the suppress attribute option in another report. It turns out that my Group Selection Formula DOES work. When I eliminated a conflicting Record Selection Formula criterion which evidently messed me up on the "1st pass," the Group Formula did what I had expected on the "2nd pass." It used the value of FCST_CODE for only the most recent term to determine whether or not to include Joe Blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back