Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do i link the next/prev links to make it use these and display pag

Status
Not open for further replies.

justme123

Programmer
Oct 9, 2003
US
i am trying to use the length and offset attributes in the iterate logic tag for displaying records page by page....

<bean:define id=&quot;iterateLength&quot; name=&quot;FacilitySearchForm&quot; property=&quot;displayRecordCount&quot;/>
<bean:define id=&quot;iterateOffset&quot; name=&quot;FacilitySearchForm&quot; property=&quot;displayRecordFrom&quot;/>

<logic:iterate id=&quot;_searchResultBean&quot; name=&quot;FacilitySearchForm&quot;
length=&quot;iterateLength&quot; offset=&quot;iterateOffset&quot; property=&quot;searchResultBean.searchResults&quot; >

thts my code in my jsp and i have teh getters & setters for the displayRecordFrom and displayRecordCount in my form bean...

now, i want to know how do i link the next/prev links to make it use these and display page by page...

thanks for ur help in advance....

Hi,

You need to write your own logic to generate the next and pervious values. It is as good as send your request parameters and iterator offset values to the next and previous pages.

This is just a suggetion, why dont you use Pager tag which make your life easy and give you a lot more help in developing such pages. You could donwload the Tag from

Try this may be it might help you. If not we can try with what we have.

Cheers,
-Venu

thanx for the response, venu...

i did read abt the pager tag - i am making changes to somebody else's code - so, wanted to avoid changing too much of code - but looks like i shld try the pager tag ...i shall try and let u know...

thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back