Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW DO I LINK MOVIES IN SHOCKWAVE?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BongoMudpie

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2002
GB
Hi all

I am trying to publish my work on the net, the problem is that I have about 20 different movies that are all linked. The Question is how can I create a SHOCKWAVE movie that calls all of my other movies???? Do I have to go back into all the movies and re-programme them to open individual HTML pages and then save every individual movie as a SHOCKWAVE movie? or is there a simple way of doing this so they are all interlinked like they would be if I created a projecter that called them all?

If anyone can answer this I would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

If you used "go" to link your movies, it should work in Shockwave too: no need for individual HTML pages. You may want to downloadNetThing before go to another movie.

Hi kennethawamoto

thanks for the reply. yes i did use the "go" to link movie but all I keep getting is an error message saying 'unable to open file' "http:/
I have used this script in all 20 odd movies:

on MouseDown me
go to frame 1 of movie "name"
end me

What i have done is publish the main movie giving me an html page and its .dcr movie
for all the other movies i have just published a .dcr movie and uploaded it to my server.

Does this sound about right or am i missing something here???

Anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: tried using the downloadNetThing as well, still no joy!!!

Try "goToNetMovie" - "go" doesn't seem to work always from the web server.
--
on mouseUp me
goToNetMovie "shockwave.dcr"
end mouseUp

Thanx kenneth

it works!!, thanx again for that.

regards and respect

Bongo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor