Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I link a button in my Flash movie to my main page in Front Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm291113

Technical User
Jul 19, 2000
US
I have an intro movie to my website and at the end of the movie it stops with "enter here" I want to be able to click on that and be taken to my "index" home page in Front Page 2000. right into my website in Front Page 2000... How do I do that???? .... I do not know a thing about HTML (but I am trying to learn :) Could someone show me how to do this....

thanks

I may be telling you wrong, but it's been my experience that you must incorporate link or URL changes through the 'Get URL' action(s) associated with "buttons" in your .fla file.

I have not been successful in changing the URL in the .html document and seeing the change take place. It seems like you have to make this kind of change back in the edit .fla mode, then republish your .swf file before the change can be implemented.

If I am wrong, a.) it wouldn't surprise me; and b.) I apologize profusely!

Thank you,

I will try it...and Hey, if it's wrong no big deal... I have been learning Flash4 by "trial and error" so, just think of it as you helped me either way because if it doesn't work then I will have learned not to do that the next time I am doing a "button" hahaha.....but, if it does work then...Well AWESOME!! hahahah

Thanks for the info and I will definately try it.

I think this could be the answer to your question, its kinda cryptic.
In your GET URL action state the address of the HTML page that you want. EG:
MAKE SURE YOU PUT http:// at the front or else it does some weird things like if you were at
and you didn't have the http:// and you clicked on the link it would look for an address similar to:
htt://ith.dyndns.net/hhs/

Thanks NEtpalm..

I will go ahead and try that... it sounds easy enough...

One other problem I am having is my flash movie keeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back