Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I limit a cross tab to yeste

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSeidel

Technical User
Jan 10, 2003
US
how do I limit a cross tab to yesterdays data only?? there doesn't seem to be a select or select expert that will apply

A cross-tab is based on the data in the report, so you would use Report->Edit Selection Formula->Record and place something like:

{table.date} = currentdate-1

If you need to display more data than that in the report, and just a subset in the cross-tab, use a subreport for the cross-tab.

-k

I was having the same problem, because I needed two crosstabs with separate information in the same report, and I had to creat a subreport for the second crosstab because the cross tabs in the report view all information that has been selected. Now if there is in fact a way to select within a cross tab, I don't know about it, but I wish I knew about it.

You could do something like the following:

Create a formula {@yesterday}:

{table.date} = currentdate-1

In the crosstab, choose this as your row or column, then select it and click on "Group options." Choose specified order, name it "yesterday", click "new" and select "is true". Then you will see another tab appear behind the "specified order" tab called "Others." Click on this and choose discard all others.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back