Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I know which DLL's I need???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura2

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
US
I'm receiving the error below when running my asp page on Microsoft server 2003. It runs fine on our old server.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'
ActiveX component can't create object.

I checked past posts and although this issue is there it doesn't say how to find the answer. It says I'm either missing a dll file or haven't registered it but is doesn't say which one. Does anyone know?

Thanks a bunch. :)

Laura.

what line is it faulting on and what's on that line?

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert

I don't have access to the server right now since I'm at home but it's a CDONTS command that's trying to send mail.

what server do u have? CDONTS will work only on a Windows Server system (or if u have manually managed to get the Dll)...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

CDONTS is not installed on Win 2003 You can hack it to make it run, but recoding to use CDOSYS is a better option.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
A website that proves the cobblers kids adage.
Nightclub counting systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

So the DLL for Windows 2003 Server that would enable CDONTS isn't automatically there and registered? I have no idea how to hack the code to make it work. I was hoping I could just get the proper DLL's and register them.

Thanks for your help.

Laura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back