Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I know if my S8500 is a SES or SM server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

surferdude949

Programmer
Oct 13, 2008
US
I'm running a S8500 CM5 and need to find out if it has
SIP Enablement Server or Session Manager. Where can I look for this information?

in your case you have only CM5, SES and SM need to have separate server...

you can have many applications on a same server but you would new S8800 server with System Platform as virtual server for hosting CM, CMM, SES, AES and even Media Services which removes the need for G4xx gateways for DSP resources. Media Services gives you 256 DSP resources.

I've read somewhere that System Platform will be supported in R6.0.

System Platform is great solution - one hardware, many systems ;) , but anyway Session Manager cant be virtualized (meaning not supported in xen environment)

surferdude949 asked about CM and SES software co-resident in one operating system, not in virtualized solution. Am I right?

Quality of Service Blog

wawior85,

I was trying to tell that only option to have "co-resident" CM and SES is only with use of System Platform on S8800.

I mentioned SES not SM :)

VanZenden,

I'm not sure that by "co-resident" it means CM with SES on System Platform.

According to my knowledge there are two options:

1) CM with SES as two softwares in one linux. SES is some kind of plugin to CM. SES functionality moved to CM.
plz read fallowing:

there is mentioned:
Communication Manager 5.2.1 / SIP Enablement Services 5.2.1
as combined one product

2) CM and SES on System Platform - virtualization. Commonly known as MTB (Mid-sized Bussines Template). Then, from network one can see separate systems (CM, SES, AES, MM etc) but running on one physical hardware using xen.

Quality of Service Blog

I'm not sure that by "co-resident" it means CM with SES on System Platform.

I meant as one server, two applications with use of virtualization.

there is mentioned:Communication Manager 5.2.1 / SIP Enablement Services 5.2.1as combined one product

half true,on S8300 only. CM and SES reside on its own partion and act as own entity connected via SIP trunk.

co-resident" CM and SES:
one server, two applications withOUT use of virtualization ;)

Anyone else can confirm or deny? just for clarity.

Quality of Service Blog

For peace of my mind I found ;)

SIP Enablement Services is a Linux-based software application that is deployed as a network appliance on the Avaya S85xx Series Servers or as an embedded component of Communication Manager 5.0 (and later on the Avaya S8300C Server.)

embedded component != virtualization

Now it should be clear.

Quality of Service Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back