Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I know if my Nortel Meridan 616 is a DR5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattle

Vendor
Oct 6, 2020
US
How do I know if my Nortel Meridan 616 is a DR5? I want to add caller ID but my current Nortel model phone (NT8B30) doesn't have the capability. I found model Nortel T7316e says it has caller ID but you have to have a DR5.

I believe that the software details are usually found on the cartridge that sits inside the telephone unit on the top left hand side.

Here is a UK Norstar 6+16

NFUM_Norstar_6_16_Compact_system_zmjldb.jpg

In the UK, we had versions 1 to 3 and this is different to the ones used worldwide as it was designed for the UK regulations around at that time.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Unfortunately, mine only says do not remove on it. It looks like there may have been a sticker on it at some point. Is there any other way to know?

Go into programming and see if the option is there.
In North America you will find programming under Admin/Auto CLID (option #9)

You can get SP code version in Maintenance via programming, it might help if we can cross-reference it.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Curlycord,

I'm not sure how to do that. Yes I'm in North America. This system is brand new to me.

Sorry to be so dumb but I'm not a tech so I don't know how to log into system programming. Is that through a phone with this code? **266344 If so, where do I go from there?

Yes it is located in CONFIG (266344) programming.

All Norstar telephones are capable of Caller ID. No need to buy new phones. The 616 requires a C6 module attached to the phone system in order to receive caller ID. You're going to need a tech to install and program it.

Marv ccna

Ok, awesome thanks everyone for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back