Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I kill that annoying popping sound in IE Browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misguy2

MIS
Sep 21, 2005
US
How do I kill that annoying popping sound in IE Browser?

Are you refeering to the noise that is made when there is a popup being blocked? If so go to tools-> popup blocker
-> Popup blocker settings. In there uncheck the box that says "Play a sound when a popup is blocked". If that is not what you are in reference to you need to be a little bit more specific on the "noise in IE" that you are talking about.

Thanks, I found out that the user has pest patrol installed and that's whats causing those annoying popping sounds when you browse the internet.

Another solution would be to disconnect the speaker (or remove the sound card). Nothing worse in an open office environment than computers beeping and chirping away (whilst their owners appear oblivious to the aural spam they are creating).

OK. There is one thing worse... mobile phone ringtones... compounded when the phone is left at the desk whilst the owner is away doing something else.

Sorry. OT but I managed to make to make it relevant [smile]

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page [/tt][tt]@[/tt][tt] Code Couch
[/tt]

or disconnect the user (solves sooooo many problems)

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back