Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I interface to an MD110 BC10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoThePenguin

Programmer
Jan 22, 2002
GB
I need to be able to develop some software which will enable independent monitoring of calls to devices (active, inactive, ringing, transferred etc). I already have suitable code for the Avaya (Lucent) Definity TServer using an ACS stream and an ocx that responds to CSTA messages.

Unfortunately, I don't know the correct approach for an MD110 PBX running AppLink since I don't have access to one. Can someone guide me to either a useful simulator or SDK from Ericsson, or maybe I can just use the exsiting code and configure the MD110 BC10 to communicate with it?

YOU NEED A CARD IN THE md110 CALLED (SIU) THIS CARD SEND TO YOU THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROGRAM TO GIVE AND IS CONNECTED TO THE PC VIA rs-232.

Thanks for the info!

It seems a shame that the only way to get hold of this kind of information is to use a serial port. I was hoping that it would be possible for a form of network broadcast to take place. A kind of "register the station id with the telephony server and request monitoring messages over a network" approach.

I suppose it would be possible for me to set up a dedicated machine that manages this process for me, probably using a custom made application that handles a large number of IP sockets out to the PCs by the headsets in the call centre, but I'm sure that someone else must have done this before.

I've never even seen an MD110 and have no access to one, so I'm working completely in the dark. Any further help would be appreciated.

Rather than writing applications for individual Switchs have you tried using CT Connect from Dialogic it supports most common switchs on the market. You can download a free demo from the dialogic web site.

Little more costly since its a layer above Applink for the MD110 or the Lucent ASIA or any other switch, but does allow you to develope to a common API.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back