Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I Import Transparent Background GIFs into Visio 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrGrafix

Technical User
Jul 11, 2003
US
The header pretty much says it all. Seems like every GIF (odd-shapes) that I create in Photoshop or whatever graphics program looks great (no background) in other programs but when I Import a transparent gif into a Visio 2000 drawing... the white background suddenly appears. In Photoshop... I'm using transparent background in type of file. Am I missing something simple here or is it not possible?

Mike

Visio works fine with GIF images. I import GIF that I create in Corel PHOTO-PAINT 11 and all works fine, without any white background.
I use Microsoft Visio 2000 SR1 (6.1.4530) and Corel PHOTO-PAINT 11 (11.633)
Maybe you use Visio 2000 (6.0.0.1159) or (6.0.0.1245)?

Digitall...

Apparently MS will not sell SR-1 on CD nor do they offer it for downloading on their web site. Go figure. They want us to buy Visio 2003 as an upgrade. This is just like Corel... always fixing things or releasing before the program was 100% bug proof.

Well, if you know of any archive site on the web where I can DL SR-1 please let me know. Maybe if it's a small enough patch, yu could email it to me?

Thanks either way for the help... you may be right. OTH, it still baffles me why a transparent GIF comes in with a white rectangular/square background. I'm using insert/picture and then it's stream processed... is that what you do?

Mike

Hello, Just wondering if DrGrafix ever found an answer to this. Having the same (?) problem w/ Visio 2000 SR-2. Actually imported .gif's look fine in the drawing, even the print preview "shows" a transparent background. But my gifs all acquire a white background when printing; exporting to html or gif format from visio just snarls the whole thing up w/ randomly cropped images. Anyone have an idea to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back