Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I ID a Station ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishmantv

Technical User
Feb 3, 2004
US
I have a couple of phones in my office that are
Powered up, but they cant make any type of calls,
or Station to Station calls.

How Do I find out the Station # ( Extention # ) ?

The Phone models are the "Definity 6408D"

I should have mentioned, How Can I do
this via the Phone...

I'm just a user, not the IT Support Person.

Thanks

there is a feature access code that will enable station id. it's not enabled by default. somone would have to look at the feature access codes and tell you.

If you can't call station to station, then the phone is probably cross-connected to a port on the PBX, but was never given an extension. Without an extension, the phone won't be able to do much. You'll need your PBX support person to give those phones extensions.

yeah, rethinking the problem, the phones aren't TTI'd in (not assigned an ext).

Here is a quick test. On the phone that is not assigned an extension dial the attendant. The attendant display will read TTI port 01d1204. The 01d1204 is the port on the switch that the telephone is attached to.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

If it's a digital set, try unplugging the set and see if it appears in the alarm log.

Gary L. Smith
Telephone Systems Engineer
The University of Mississippi
Telecommunications Department

Gosh folks,
He said "I'm just a user, not the IT Support Person."

You need to contact the support person.

On our G3rV11, we use the feature access code per:
Self Station Display Activation: #7 ....when performed on a digital with display, the extension and port will show. This does not work on analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back