Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do i hide shutdown on the terminal server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unixisbest

Technical User
Jul 11, 2005
Hi all,
I got a terminal servers and a few clients connects that sometimes. But because of software runs on it i had give administrator access to users .Therefor they can shut the computer by mistake.
All i want to do is hide the shutdown option or a warning message from the computer to tell them that it s gonna shut the computer down.
Is there a way ro do this even the users have the rights of administrator on the machine.

Thanks for any help

Set an explicit deny in Local Security Policy, for User rights, "shutdown system".

To remove the Start Menu shortcut, change the value from 0 to 1: HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\polices\exploer\noclose

Forgot to ask, but why do your users need local administrator rights?

Thanks for your reply
One more thing ,IS this going to be deny only the users or also gonna deny my user which i use for logon the server.
They need administrator rights because a software runs on this machine is not working if they are not admin ...

Have you tried just giving rights to the install folder of the application? What application is causing the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back