Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I hide extension numbers on outgoing calls? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kordan2

MIS
Oct 29, 2004
SE
Hi!

I need to hide the extension number from showing up on outgoing calls.

So for example instead of showing the number, I want it to show hidden number in my cell phone if I call it from my extension.

NUTRI:ENTRY=EXT,TRC=3,PRE=XXX,CNVTYP=1,NUMTYP=10;

TRC= lenght

In this case i don't want to truncate the number I want to hide it. Is there a way to hide all numbers from display when dialing a public number?

Hi!

From Alex:

Number presentation restriction
This function allows the user to restrict its name and number presentation per call on the B-party display.

To order the restriction of the name and number presentation from your telephone:

Dial *42# and wait for dial tone
Dial B-number

Peter

There are two levels to braodcasting outbound CLI: the ADC of the individual extn(s), and the ADC of the outbound route(s). Where the route permits extn-level CLI to be sent, the extn settings will override; if the route blocks outbound CLI, extn settings don't matter.

In the extn settings, you need to look at the ADC: bit D4 turns the feature on or off (where ADC=D1D2D3D4D5D6D7D8D9D10D11). D4=0 allows outbound CLI to be sent; D4=1 turns off outbound CLI.

Next check your route programming:
run the following command to look at all route parameters
ROCAP:ROU=ALL;

Check the SERV parameters of your outbound routes. Bit D8 ie the 8th digit along in the SERV) controls the outbound CLI - D8=0 hands control of outbound CLI to the extn, D8=1 blocks all outbound CLI.

If you want to block all outbound CLI, then all you need to do is set D8=1 for all your outbound routes (you can determine what routes are set for outbound calls using RODDP:DEST=ALL; as one method)

Hope this helps... :)

Murphy's Law, variant 315: "A short-cut is the longest distance between 2 points".

Darn...need and edit feature. :)

To change the SERV in your ROCAP, use the following (I'll be making several assumptions in my SERV, here, D8 is the 3rd last digit in my SERV):

ROCAC:ROU=60,SERV=3100000101;

This will, among other things, unconditionally block outbound CLI in ROU=60.

Murphy's Law, variant 315: "A short-cut is the longest distance between 2 points".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back