Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get WEB site going again?HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

baxwink

Programmer
Feb 7, 2000
US
I am responsible for a web site running on an NT 4.0 server under IIS. The site was running fine but I tried to create a password protected page and apparently really screwed something up because now when I try to hit the site I only see a blank screen. I have checked back on the server and all of the info is there but it seems like maybe something is not enabled. I really need help because the **** will hit the fan if this thing is not back up ASAP. I would VERY MUCH appreciate any and all help. MANY THANKS.

I think I may have figured out what happened but not how to fix it. I can type my web address in the browser followed by "/index.htm" and the site comes up ok so I think that I must need to indicate where the web should start but I don't know how. Please help. Thanks

Under thye Properties of your website there is a "Documents" tab, this is where you specificy your default page for your website. This appears to be not setup, so simply add your default page to the settings. By default IIS servers use default.htm as their default page, as opposed to the unix based systems that seem to prefer index.htm.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Try right-clicking on properties for the website and "remove" and then "create" the application. This may fix your website.

(If the previous replies didnt help).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back