Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I get rid of CUR records

Status
Not open for further replies.

elypu

Technical User
Jul 26, 2005
CA
Hello,

Just a novice question:

I moved some stations around on a Option 11C switch using the OTM interface. Now I ended up with some records having the sync status CUR. They seem to be difficult to get rid of them.
Could you, please, explain what is happening?

Thx

Did you watch the change go through? My experience has been that when the status doesn't change the program change didn't take. I would try to send the change through again and watch it in the log. If you see err or sch messages find out what they are. OTM may not like something you are trying to do.

Good luck.

Is there also a CHG record of the CUR record?

If not you should select the CUR records and do a global update of the SYNC status and change it to NEW.
Now you are able to delete the records.

Then you should retrieve the specific TNs again from the PABX.

Goodluck,
Jacco.

Note: If there are CHG records with the CUR you should check the transmition log to find out what went wrong.

Another thing you can look at is the transmission log. It will tell you if the changes went through and if not why. You have to clear the log every now and then so current information can be displayed.

Thank you all for you answers. I was trying to delete those CUR records that remained there after I moved around and change some stations assigned to those TNs. The CUR record that I try to get rid of does not have an associate CHG record. When I tried to do a global change in order to change the sync status, OTM did not do anything. No transmisin took place. There was nothing in the log.
I noticed that in the dialog window for the golbal update, in the field where I am supposed to select the "old value", there is no option for CUR. Nevertheless I entered CUR manually as the "old value" and I selected NEW for the "new value" field. But nothing happened.
To make things a little more confusing for me, and maybe during the same moving operations that I mentioned, I also have a record with no sync status (the sync field is blank). This one is also hard to get rid of it.

Well, this is where I am now. I know it will be a while till I learn some things.

Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back