Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get rid of a "phantom" formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a report in CR 8 that has an unused formula called "Incident type" which I cannot delete. By unused I mean that it does not appear anywhere in my report. It is also not in the selection criteria, another formula, a group or in any sort criteria.

I have done a search on the "report definitions" page and can find no trace of it there. It is still checked with the green check mark in the field explorer. How do I delete this formula?

Thanks
Bobby

It may be in one of two places, best I can guess:

1. In a conditional format formula, (check sections, and look for any buttons in red, indicating a formula.

2. Outside page area. First check if it is outside page area by changing your zoom to 25%. Can't see it yet? Then try to do a lasoo with your mouse pointer (in case the field has be resized to somethine very narrow or small). Still can find it? It may be to the far left margin, even behind the design tab section. Insert a text field about an inch from your left margin. Then do a wide lasoo, from just to the right of the text field to over as far left as you can go on your screen. An yes even past the left margin into the grey design tab area. Then, with the text field selected, click on it and drag it over to the right. You may pull out a formula from behind the "wall" of the design tab.

Hope this finds it for ya (hope its #1 above!).

Cheers,

It could also be lurking in your record select ,in a formula that you no longer use but haven't cleaned up, it may be in a formula used for grouping....go on a search and destroy through ALL of your formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back