Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get my movies to be not transparant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahi

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
NL
I want to load a movie from another movie. I want it to be on another layer. I can do all that no problem, but here comes the problem: the movie that is on top is transparant! I can see the movie underneath it. I don't want that.

Does anybody know how to prevent it?

A quick simple answer to this would be to use the retangle tool and cover the stage of the movie you want to load with a block shape the same colour as your background. This will prevent you from being able to see what's underneath the loaded movie. This, of course, will be the bottom layer of the movie so the contents will still be visable.
funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

use the rectangle tool and draw a rectangle or square whatever it may be over the entire movie on the first layer..use it as your background..

next you'll be coming in how to cut of the buttons underneath..see ya then...
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

at the same time rod..and i meant to say next you'll be coming in asking how to cut the buttons of underneath :)
logo.gif

I'll just solve it by loading the movie on the same level then.

I think I was a little before you Carl....heheh

So how would you deactivate the button's underneath....? funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

if you load the movie on level0 then ther will be no need to add the rectangle to take away the transparency..there will be nothing there to cover up..

to cut off the buttons underneath when you on(press) to load your movie with the same button, add the actions that will send the _root movie to a dummie frame where all the symbols and instances are the same only you deactivate the buttons so they doen't work..looks like the original timeline only a dummie frame..something like:

on (press) {
_root.gotoAndStop(2);
loadMovieNum ("yourmovie.swf", 1);
}
logo.gif

Sahi, you could do that but beware that when you load (if you load) your main movie again it will start from the beginning. funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

Carl, I was thinking of that - thought you were gonna give me some Jedi teaching as to how to do it heheheheh..... funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

what do you mean..that is the jedi way..why everyone else is spending hours trying to figure out a code to cut them off you'll be done already =)

thank oldnewbieyoda for that trick..the jedi master himself..
logo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back