Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get movie events to work at certain frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeSteve

Technical User
Jan 23, 2003
US
I have a number of links which I have as movies, when the flash begins they are not visible:

onClipEvent (load) {
_visible = false;
}

how can make it so they become visible when the flash movie has reached a certain frame?
-Steve

_root.MC's_instance_name._visible = true;

_root.MC's_instance_name._visible = 1; Regards,

oldman3.gif

You need to add the actions oldnewbie suggested in the frame that you want the movie clip to become visible.

what do you mean by root.MC's?

The _root is the main timeline. Let's say that your movie clip is called box. On frame 1 of the main timeline, type in:

box._visible = false;

Now on frame 10 type:

box._visible = true;

Make sure that your movie clip is on the stage of the main timeline, and you have given it an instance name of box.

Play your movie.

Thank you guys, you were quite helpful.

If I may ask one more question, is there any way I can then get that box (or whatever it is) fade in, instead of suddenly becoming visible?

Not knowing what your setup is exactly, hard to say what would be the easiest for you. It can be scripted to fade in, or fade out with it's alpha setting. Regards,

oldman3.gif

the simplest method might be to have a blank frame at the begining of your mc with a stop action. then the fade in over the next frames. with a stop when its faded in.
then instead of saying box._visible etc
in the same place just say
box.play();

mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back