Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i get catalog Folder Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anumala28

Programmer
Jun 28, 2002
US
Hi all,
Please help out for this question.
I need catalog folder name.
for ex: c:\a\b\c\file.cat

I need folder name is "c". How do i get this, is it any option is available in Cognos.

Please give the solution.

Thanks,

If you're using Impromptu, use the menu "INSERT, MORE Objects, & then add or catalog file name.

I would guess that you could carry this into Transformer & PP if you wish.

Hope this helps
Bruce

I tried this option, but is giving entire patht of catalog. But i need only folder name. for ex: catalog path name is
c:\a\b\c\a1.cat...
I need only 'c' folder name.

If you have any solution for this please help.

This is a bit convoluted but it works. Insert the catalog name then select it and copy it. Open Notepad and paste in the name. Delete what you don't want then copy that. Insert a text frame into the header and paste in the string you want to see. Delete the catalog name from the header.

VTJ

VTJ

Thanks for your solution, but it works when the catalog is same folder, but if it move to another folder it will not change. Here the people wants to dynamically. If i change one folder to another folder it should be appear in reports that folder only. Is it possible in Impromptu or not?
If any solution for that please help out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back