Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get a sound file to play start to finish in power point? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswagner

Technical User
Apr 15, 2002
US
I have been working on a presentation where I want to load a particular sound file in the presentation and have it play from start to finish all the way though the presentation without stopping at the next slide. It is a song that I want to play, it is in wav, mp3 and wma format, so the file type is not a problem. I tried putting it in as as sound object at the first slide, but when it switched to the next slide, it (of course) stops.

Insert the sound into the Slide Master. When the sound icon appears, right-click it and choose "Custom Animation". Choose the "Multimedia Settings" tab. Tick, "Play using animation order", tick "Continue slide show", then tick "Stop Playing" "After" and increase the number to the number of slides in your presentation. Then close the Master Slide.

Hope that helps.

I did this, now how in the heck do I hide the speaker icon that now appears in all the slides?

mswagner,
If the sound file is set to play automatically, jut put it in the gray margin area.
AngO

mintaka,

I tried this with more than 1 slide. When each slide activates, the original sound track continues, but a NEW sound track begins.

What am I doing wrong? :-( Skip,
metzgsk@voughtaircraft.com

Make sure you have it set up only in the Master slide, not inserted manually into each slide. I did the same thing.

It is ONLY in the Master Slide and NOT in ANY of the individal slides. :-( Skip,

Honestly, I think that is the problem not the solution.

Everytime you pull up a new slide, it activates the master. Why don't you just the set the sound for the first slide and let 'er ride.

I've done that with some presentations and it is a great effect.

Skip,

You ever try getting the slides to play "Row, row, row your boat"?

I bet it would be a great effect!

:)

Well then if you are sure you have all the settings correct, set it to loop, see if that helps. I am not having that problem, so I can't tell you how to solve it. It seems I usually have a transition that causes problems similar to that

AK Dad,
THAT (inserting the sound in the first slide and NOT the master) did the trick!

However, the "Master Slide Sound" approch, opens VAST horizons for rounds, canons, fugues and the like. :-D Skip,

Wow, when I tried to play a song by just inserting it in the first slide, it would stop as it transitioned to the next slide. the only way I could get it to play throughout the show was to put it in the master. I will try this again and see how it workds, thanks guys.

The key is in the Custom Animation Multimedia Settings -

While playing, Continue Slide Show

AND

Stop playing after n slides

:) Skip,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back