Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW DO I GET A SINGLE QUOTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
How do I write a single quote on text file.I tried everything and all I´ve got was this two:

with right alt+right shift+9 I´ve got ´

right alt+right shift+7 I´ve got `

How do I get a vertical single quote.Do I need new Ascii code?Please help

If i understand you correctly the key on my keyboard is situated two to the right of the L key....'

May be keyboard. What character is under the "? Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Hi,

Try using the "ALT-key method": press the (left) ALT-key and type the corresponding ascii-code for the character you want USING THE NUMBER KEYPAD and release the ALT-key again.

I just successfully inserted a straight single quote character into a Notepad document by ALT+039.

See for a list of ascii codes. (NOTE: you should use the DECIMAL code number, not octal or hexadecimal!)

Hope this helps!

DrMaggie
---------
"Those who don't know the mistakes of the past won't be able to enjoy it when they make them again in the future."
— Leonard McCoy, MD (in Diane Duane's Doctor's Orders)

If understand you problem correctly you are getting double quotes. You can click the space bar after you hit the quote key and you will see one quote. Here is a permanent fix.

CLK START-SETTINGS-CONTROL PANEL-KEYBOARD-LANGUAGE- If you don't have United States 101 showing in the window CLK on PROPERTIES-CLK on the drop down arrow and CLK on UNITED STATES 101-CLK APPLY-CLK OK AND CLOSE WINDOW. This will fix your problem if I understood it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back