Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I Forward A Private Line to Voicemail? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCM400Guy

Technical User
May 31, 2008
US
I have a private DID line going to ext 244 whichs appears on phone as line244. Problem is when someone calls directly to private line and not throught main DID and ext244. they can't leave a voicemail. How do I Fix so no matter how call comes in they can leave a VM?

Make sure Pirme set is 244 for that Target Line
Check FNA is going to less rings then DRT or Transfer Call back timers.

Is it actualy set as Private in programming?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

DN 244 is prime set for target line 244.
FNA is < DRT.
Under SETS DN is set to appr&ring as well which I think means it is set to private line in programming.

No matter what I do. If I call main BTN 555-555-0000 and transfer to ext 244 (dn244) you can leave voicemail if no answer. Call DID 555-555-0244 directly (DN244 with private line appr on 1140E phone)it will ring forever, I guess. I didn't quite wait that long but it felt like it. Where do I go from here?

I think the only way to have it do that is to make the target line ring only on the extension. When you make it R&A, the call is not being directed to to the extension per se so it doesn't follow the FNA of the extension.

If the user needs to, or wants to, distinguish between the different calls, just select a different ring pattern for the target line. Maybe even add another appearance or two of the DN on the set. Realistically though, how many simultaneous calls can one person handle?

telcodog: Not looking to handle more than one call at a time. I would however like to allow every caller the option of leaving a VM message. Both Main line and private line alike.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your input.

Curlycord: please explain in more detail. What should be set to Vmails? I think this is where I am lost. Please Help.

you need to set the forward no answer for that set to the voicemail dn. You can figure out the vmail dn by going to a phone and pressing feature 985.

Thanks to bluemr2 & curlycord for the the fix. I just needed it to sink in I guess. All is working fine.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back