Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I fix vi6 :it wont connect to server, wont display scriptobject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surn

Programmer
Jun 16, 1999
US
I have 2 different computers with VI6 onthem. One will not display script objects, its almost like they became unregistered? The work sometimes though which is really baffling! The second computer will not connect to the webserver suddely. It just times out while connecting (Yes I read Q220166,Q195954,Q194798 and Q192638, I am an adult.) Other computers on the network are all working fine!<br>
<br>
HELP!

your question is too vague to give any real answers. can you supply more details?<br>
<br>
-nick bulka

The first computer does the following: when you open a asp page that has scripting object model objects (ie Recordset DTC) displays an error that basically says.. Cannot display object (DTC). You then cannot view the DTC. <br>
The second computer views the project fine, but when you go to retrieve a file from the webserver from source control the page is never returned and eventually "Unable to contact Web Server" is displayed.

I'm not sure about the first problem, but the front page server extensions are used to communicate to source control and the web server. I'd uninstall and reinstall the Front Page Server extensions.<br>
<br>
-nick

Ya that is what the Q220166 article said. I tried it to no avail. The webserver is working fine, so I am sure its just on the client side. (Sorry, programming shell shock..)<br>
<br>
I appreciate your input , thank you.

To Extrapolate...<br>
The Second computer allows me to log into the NT webserver, then says "Please wait while contacting webserver..." its a long wait...

SOM Objects. I had trouble working on two systems. On one I had to make sure the SQL Server was specified (in global.asa) as an IP address (over the internet) and one that only worked with the MS name - SOM's couldn't resolve the commands. I think what I did to fix it was to change the SQL Client settings to use IP as the default, and used the IP address.<br>
<br>
Can't connect. I was setting up a computer, and kept getting that message too. I resolved it by changing the network connection on the worstation. I could never prove why it worked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back