Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I fix my text boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnieisme

Technical User
Aug 14, 2003
US
I have a problem. The following is a subform that I have used in the main form:

HEPA (check box) Change Out Schedule (Text Box)
OV/HEPA (check box) ditto ditto
ACID/GAS (check bok) ditto ditto
AMMONIA (check box) ditto ditto
OV (check box) ditto ditto
OV/AG (check box) ditto ditto

This goes on for 6 total lines. the problem I am having is when I check one of the boxes and put a date in the change out schedule box all the chang out schedule boxes will show the date. How do I fix this so that the date shows in the box that I have checked?

I'm guessing that the controls in the subform are unbound?

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

So does that mean I have to change the boxes?

I agree with the Cajun.

If you are updating records, the field on the form needs to match the fields in a table. Otherwise, in an unbound field on a form, the most recent entry will persist until changed. This becomes very obvious in a subform

I looked at everything and I have yes/no on the first part and text on the second, so I will have to get rid of the yes/no part. Is that what I think you are saying?

If you manually add a text field, you have to link / bind it using the Control Source. With the form in design mode, select on of your fields. If the property window is not open, right click and select properties. Navigate to the Data tab in the property window. Select the appropriate field in the drop down list for the control source.

BTW, in a manner similar to Excel, if the system just sees a name. example HEPA, it assumes it is a field in a table or query. If is sees an equation like operand, eg. =[OV]/[AV], Access treats the control source as a formula.

Richard

If the controls are unbound, then changing one will change them all. Is there a table where this information is being stored? If so, I would bind the controls to the appropriate columns, after setting the RecordSource of the Subform to some query on the subform

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back