Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I fix an "Unable to attach to..." error message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakatak

Technical User
Aug 13, 2006
US
I'm getting the following error messages and I've noticed our e-mail backup job went from 300GB to 119GB. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Backup - MAIL01

Unable to attach to \\MAIL01\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
Unable to attach to \\MAIL01\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
Backup - \\MAIL01\D: Directory not found. Can not backup directory \FileServer01 backup and its subdirectories.
Backup - MAIL01 Unable to attach to \\MAIL01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
Unable to attach to \\MAIL01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
Unable to attach to \\MAIL01\INetPub.
Unable to attach to \\MAIL01\INetPub.

You could try pushing the agent out to your mail server again.
Tools>Install Remote Agents
Then you'll have to restart your mail server.

I had to do that this week because for some reason it stopped communicating with my mail server.

I found the problem and it's fixed. The service account that I was using for backup was hidden from the GAL and apparently that was the problem. I unchecked it and now the backup is working correctly. Thanks for your help though because I was about to try what you suggested if backup still wasn't working.

Having a similar problem but with 9.1 rev 4691. It was working fine for over 2yrs backing up exchange folders. The service account is listed in the GAL, checked it. The last month or so getting error when it tries to back up the exchange mail boxes.

The unable to attach to mailbox msg

There is no remote agent push tool for 9.1 that I am aware of and upgrading to 11d is not an option until next fiscal year.

Thanks,j

Tried sp 5 and seems to be working on test run will find out tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back