Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i fix a permanent error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reshamtara

Programmer
Dec 27, 2002
US

dear people,
i am working with an indexed file and i keep getting this permanent error(file status 30). please help me figure out how to eliminate this error!
thanx
bye

Sorry, my COBOL is a bit rusty - what is the definition of n error 30? Could it be that the file needs to be rebuilt?

Did you run out of disk space? Did you add a new device and forgot to run required utilities? Have you exceeded your environment parameters?

Which COBOL compiler did you use? What environment are you running in? Has this program run correctly before? What changes, if any, were made in your system before this error appeared?

Dimandja

"The I/O statement was unsuccessfully executed as the result of a boundary violation for a sequential file or as the result of an I/O error, such as a data check parity error, or a transmission error."

Knowing your environment would be most helpful.

Generally, the OS provides some additional information about this error (VSAM return codes for instance) via error messages or extended status code information.

Good luck.

Glenn

Maybe your harddisk is defect like an dameged sector or something else.

Goetz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back