Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I fix a netware alert message with a 3.12 clent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2002
CA
We are using a netware 3.12 client. A user attempted to upgrade his netware client and since has has the following netware alert message pop up when logging in:

Netware Alert Message NIOS-202-179
CLIENT32.NLM called NiosFree with an invalid/corrupted or already free memory block D45306E4
Press CNTRL-ENTER to clear

I've tried uninstalling the client but after a reinstall the message appears again. Pressing CNTL-ENTER clears the message and allows you to continue logging in but it is a pain in the ... So if anyone knows a fix for this problem or knows a way of just hiding this popup message please let me know. Thanks

How are you uninstalling the Client? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I have had this problem too, on a few machines. They are Win95 OSR2 machines,
were running the 3.x client and have updated all to the latest Win95 client, and still the problem comes up from time to time. I can't figure it out. Have uninstalled the clients, reinstalled them, and still have the same problem on the same computers.
No where have I been able to get an answer as to the cause or the cure. Any help
would be much appreciated!

Gromit

Try going back to the previous version of Client. You of course have to uninstall the new version first. You may need to check your registry for any 'remnants.'

We've had various problems with the newer versions of the client software. The version that seems to work best on W9x systems is 3.30(for us.)

Thanks jscottd for the reply. But we had the error in the 3.30 client, too. Any other ideas? I am really interested in the cause--it's a mystery, and it does not happen on all my machines, only a few.
Gromit

Try to find out what is causing the error message and restart that service. Had a similar problems and the only way to stop the message is to restart the service (or reboot the server, which did the same thing).

I am using an IP bootdisk and I am getting the same message.

"CE100B.LAN called NiosFree with an invelid/corrupted or already free memory block DD14CCD4"

I can't find what is causing this to come up. If anybody has any information please let me know.

-------------------------------------
The answer is out there!

WHY THE HECK CAN'T I FINDIT!!!

We have had the same problem when removing token-ring cards for Ethernet adapters, on w95 boxes. On the restart we get the same message that is mentioned at the start of this thread. Any new ideas on how to solve this?

John Garrison

Try removing IP from the machine after you unistall the client. Then reinstall IP and the client.

I ran into this same Error code when I was installing Novell with IPX on a Win98 Dell 4100. I found that I could install IP without IPX and it worked fine, but as soon as I added IPX it would come up with this error on boot-up. To resolve this issue, after removing IP WINIP all Network Connection and reinstalling with older ver of Novell Client, I found that the Network Card was the problem. I had TOO NEW of a NIC (it was a NETGEAR 10/100/1000) card and after installing an older Compaq NIC, I was able to solve this issue. HOPE THIS INFO HELPS anyone else!

TheLanTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back