Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I find the exact spec of my server? Without reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekid123

Technical User
Oct 20, 2003
GB
Does anyone know how I find the exact spec of my server without rebooting it? It is a Compaq Proliant DL380. I need to know what and how many processors? etc

I also need to monitor the memory and cpu usage of this server. And output it to a text file or similar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Install Insight Manager located on the SmartStart companion CD. This will run on a workstation or Windows server.

Also note that the server will need to have the Insight Agents installed.

Lou

Does this installation of Insight manager require the server to be rebooted? or can this run remotely?

Thanks

It the server was installed using smartstart you kan open a webbrowser to and after som "agree" and login to compaq management agents (need a administrator password (not windows) which was set during install) , you will see all the HW info you need.

Alternativly look for c:\compaq\survey\survey.txt, which also has a lot of (the same) info.

For monitoring memory, cpu etc, you can use perfom.

Dagfinnc

Hi,

Insight Manager is usually installed on a PC to monitor your server hardware. If you don't already have the Insight agents installed on the server you will need to do so and a server restart is neccessary.

Lou

Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Information

Hope that helps,

FredUG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back