Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I find out the size of user's Sent/Deleted items folder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2003
US
I am up against the same situation that many others in this forum are: No limits, no managment backing to add limits and users who are too busy to "clean up".

I know that most folks don't delete old sent items and rarely empty deleted items. If I could find out how much space was being used by these two folders I will be able to contact the users directly and get some reduction in size.

Problem is: I can only get this information by logging into each mailbox and looking at the folder properties. Anyone know of any way of getting this infomation on a larger scale? Possible third party or LDAP lookup? All responses are accepted.

Thanks

Tim

Have you tried using Crystal Reporting software.

I used to run Crystal reports for Exchange against our Exchange 5.5 server a couple of years ago.

Not sure if it will get you exactly what you want but it might be worth investigating.

If you're using someething like Arcserve that does a Bricks Level backup you can use that in the same way as Windows Explorer.

Ed Becker
MBA, MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back