Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I find MAC address in Win Mobile 6.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPB

Technical User
Jun 29, 2002
US
I'm trying to set up my new Samsung Omnia II cell phone on my home network. My router is filtering MAC addresses, so I need to enter my phone's MAC address. The phone is running Win Mobile 6.5. Can anyone tell me how to find the MAC address in Win Mobile 6.5?

Thanks in advance,
mrpb

Well I got an answer over at the Microsoft Phone Forum. Thought I'd post here in case someone else was looking for the same answer:

Try this path: Settings -> Advanced Settings (Top-right big tab in settings menu) -> System -> Version -> Device -> Scroll down to "Wi-Fi (IEEE 202.11 b/g) under MAC

Source:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pocket PC Mauritius Proposed As Answer by Linley MeslierMVP, Moderator3 hours 52 minutes ago. Marked As Answer byJack Cook - aka Help_LineMVP, Moderator3 hours 14 minutes ago

Running 6.5 Pro on an HTC Touch Pro 2, I find the Wi-Fi MAC at:
Settings -> All Settings -> Connections -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced button -> Advanced tab.

Oddly, on mine, the bluetooth MAC (but not the Wi-Fi MAC), is in All Settings, System, Device Information. Which is where I expected to find the Wi-Fi MAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back