Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i export report to excel file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anumala28

Programmer
Jun 28, 2002
US
Hi,

Report is generated 4500 pages data. I need to export to this to excel. when i am trying to export into excel it's giving error excel limit is 65536.

Is there any option setup multiple sheets creating in excel or is there any way to save this big file.
please help me out.

Thanks.

save as text file
Import into access

Alternatively, query aggregate data straight into excel

You cannot go over 65536 rows until you get office 2007

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Thanks for your help.
Is there any way to export page by page. Please help me out.

You can't export the report page by page that I'm aware of. However, you could create an SSIS package that would export X number of rows to an Excel sheet.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

As it is, there is no native functionality to do this. You can export to text file and then have a macro in excel to load the data in page by page but not from SSRS..

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back