Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i EXIT Aloha FOH program???

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrandBar

Technical User
Mar 22, 2010
US
Daylight savings time hit and my two terminals time got way outta whack. Term1 reads a hour behind, and term2 reads 2 hours behind... I figure, if I can get behind Aloha FOH, I can edit the system clock on the terminal... Naturally though i dont see any exit FOH button :)

plug in a key board, hit ctrl-alt-delete and run task manager.
kill the process iber.exe

You could go through the network on the server. Access the terminals and temporarily remove the file that starts Aloha from the startup folder. Reboot term. Aloha won't start. Change time. Put the file back in the startup folder. Reboot again. This may or may not work. Sometimes you need a specific tzadjust file that will need to run in order to make the time change stick.

What OS are you running on the server? Table service or quick service?

I use taskkill all the time.. If you have XP you should have taskkill..

Open a command prompt

Example

Taskkill /s TERM1 /f /im iberqs.exe

or if you don't know the computer name for the terminals type

arp -a

this will tell you all the computers connected to your server and the ip addresses. If for example terminal 1 is 192.168.0.1 and you are using quick service

Taskkill /s 192.168.0.1 /f /im iberqs.exe

if you are using table service

Taskkill /s 192.168.0.1 /f /im iber.exe

the /f means force, i pretty much use it by default.

you could also use VNC, good chance its on your terminals.

You could also map one of the terminals with net use, path to \\term1\c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs\startup

then you could break the iber.bat shortcut or the RAL shortcut and then restart the computers with the shutdown /m command.

I can think of a few more ways but I just noticed this thread is a week old.. lol I assume by now it is fixed..

shift, ctrl, alt, x, - all at the same time

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back