Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I enable Target Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjdaddy

Instructor
Dec 17, 2003
US
I have followed FAQ "How To Install DIDs on a 8X24"
faq799-2467

But when I get to config mode I can not punch in a target line number. The only numbers that it will take is a 001 - 008. Nothing else. What do I need to do to enable the target lines 081 etc.??

Is the system expanded? For DID's on an 8x24 you need a DID trink card, and of course and expansion card and trunk module. Personally, never tried to access target line programming on an unexpanded 8x24

I took over this system and I am new to program telephone systems. How do I check to see if it is expanded?

I do have flash voicemail with it.

What I am trying to do is setup CCR. I have it all configured but when a user from the outside tries to access a XFer path it rings the extensions voicemail not the telephone.

I think the problem is that I do not have any target lines setup on the telephone system. Instead I setup all of the analog lines to ring and be shown on all of the handsets in this small office.

Any help would be useful.

Target lines are not part of the puzzle here. They are not required for your application.
If your CCR is set up, let's say CCR Tree #1, Path 0 is your home menu , and the greeting tells callers to press a digit to be directed.
Do incoming calls get to your CCR Menu recording, or are they going to an individuals mailbox?
With lines ringing on every set, if a users DN is programmed 'Call Fwd Busy' to voicemail incoming calls will go directly there without reaching the CCR menu.
Make sure all sets are programmed with 'Call Fwd No Ans' & 'Call Fwd Busy' to 'None'
Call one of the numbers answered by the CCR and direct the call to a DN that has an initialised mailbox and see if you get that persons greeting

They are going to an individuals mailbox and not ringing the handset at all.

I will try that now, thanks for the help!

I tried it and even if I call in and use the extension example 221 and not the CCR path 1 I still go directly to the voicemail.

I take that back they get to the CCR tree and the tree goes do all of the designated paths. However, all of the paths ring to the voicemail and not the handsets.

Is their a way to assign an extension example 221 to a handset 21.

I thought that the handsets are in order that they are punched down on the d-mark.

Maybe that is the issue assigning voicemails to handsets. Can you give me some advice on that?

Thanks again

Make sure your ccr tree paths are pointing to extensions and not mailboxes.

I have the CCR menu pointing to extensions.

For Example:

Path 1
Ext. 221

However Ext. 221 is also a voicemail box for Path 1. My assumption is that if the path is not answered then the voicemail for that area would answer and take a message.

My telephones only use 2 digits.

Example: 21, 22, 23, etc.

Your extensions and your mailboxes have to be the same length for anything to work right.

MarvO said it

Maybe I shouldn't have jumped in here I'm a little confused. If your telephones uses 2 digit extensions than point your ccr path to the 2 digit extension. And if your voicemail is set for 3 digit extensions.. oh well

That worked. I changed the Dn's to 3 digits and it started to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back