Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I edit a scheduled recurring report in enterprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jturder

Programmer
Oct 24, 2002
GB
Is there any way to edit a scheduled recurring report in crystal enterprise?

For example, to change a recipient.

It was possible to do it in Info Desktop but this functionality seems to have been removed in order to wind me up.

I guess, there is no way to do it other than deleting the existing schedule and rescheduling.

There are also no options to schedule based on an existing instance which was possible in Info desktop.

But if there is a way anyone please let us know, that would save a huge amount of time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CD is basically screwing us over by removing some of these (IMO) critical features. I already asked this question to CD tech support, and I was essentially told to buy Instance Manager from APOS. Quite an "upgrade" from SI, no? No.

In fact, as far as I can tell Instance Manager doesn't allow editing of reports, only reruns of the same report.

Ah well, at least the sun's shining (here anyway).

Thanks for your advice......

I believe there is. I am working on version 8.5. Open the uploaded report on CR. You should have an icon on the for enterprise folders and It should give you all the structure. Then you can edit the report all you want and hit save. It will save it to the webserver directly with out deleting the scheduled instances.

No, he wants to change the parameters of the report, or the destination.

I've been advised by a source within Crystal Decisions that it is not possible to edit the schedule details of a report in Crystal Enterprise!

But many thanks for your replies....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back