Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I downgrade from expanded MICS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

519tech

Technical User
Jul 30, 2008
CA
Hey Guys; How do I downgrade a used MICS that had an expasion card in it, back to default. I installed a refurb, and obviously it had a 2 port fiber exp card in it, because that was the only way I could get it to work. Any help is always appreciated, Thanks, Scott.

You can reboot the system by powering down then within 15 minutes when back up press feature **startup then restart, reinstall or config (been a while sorry). that will set the syetm back to default. if that dosent work you can pop the CAP that is on the main board. Popping the CAP means you would simple short the capacitor on the main board while power is down. Once you pop the CAP the System ID is different and you will loose any PRI or other key codes entered into the system however the system will default.

Does the system have a clocking card or DTI card because usually an expansion card wouldnt creat issues with programming? and what software version is the MICS? You can also try rebooting with card in and again with card out. Then do it again card in card out and see what happens.

First make sure you have a set with the alarm dn assigned to it powered up the mics. It won't start with the expansion card missing, it will ask to do a cold restart on the alarm set. Press yes and it will default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back