Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I do Internal Email??? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfletch

MIS
May 3, 2000
US
I am trying to do internal email with Outlook 2000. Can anyone assist me in the installation or direct me to a sight that can help. I don't have a NT server and running Windows 98 SE on all the computers. It is a peer to peer network system. I have about 10 people on email through Exchange using a NT server, but the NT server is connect with out parent company through a T1 line. I want to make just inter office email with the others and if I can, communicate with the ones on the NT Email. Thanks for any help. [sig][/sig]

I always thinks exchange is over kill for networks less than 100 users, we use pegasus mail in our networks mix with Mac and windows about 60 users.
Go and check it out We also use the mercury transport which is capable of have verious clients outlook, eudra pegasus etc..

Small and simple program to use.

Solo [sig][/sig]

I tried using pegasus but it required TCP/IP and I am using that for internet connection sharing and connecting to the other computers through netbuei. I downloaded Mercury transport win32, but I don't have a NT server or Novel server, all I have is windows 98 SE, should this still work on it? Do you have any tips for setting up pegasus or mercury? Thanks again though, for your help. [sig][/sig]

We use tcp/ip in the office never try just netbuei.
I know if we use pegasus with mecruy, we have install the winsock client from our internal proxy server in order to make this function correctly. This maybe too much for you to entertain.
But I would install pegasus on the workstation and use a common drive for all your users as the home directory, I am petty sure this will work even without tcp/ip.
Later start working in mecury as the transport for you internet mail.

Solo [sig][/sig]

I unzipped the Pegasus and Mercury programs and then followed the Qsetup.txt file to set them up, but the information on copying files on the Qsetup did not match any files in the unzipped folder. Yet again, thank you for any and all of your help, I will get it sooner or later. [sig][/sig]

Dig through the pmail.com links lot of info related to this product about setup & plugin etc.

Solo
[sig][/sig]

If You Are Using 98se Check On The Cd For Old Win 95 and you will find The old ms mail prog ideal for a small office e-mail and its FREE If you need any help E-mail me !!

Tim Dodgson
[sig]<p>Tim Dodgson<br><a href=mailto:t_dodgson@yahoo.com>t_dodgson@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= </a><br> [/sig]

For small (and even large) groups of users I have had alot of success with OfficeTalk ( It works with MS SQL, Sqlanywhere and Jet databases and ever on peer to peer networks &quot;out of the box&quot;.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back