Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I do Email Alais

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candidog

MIS
Jun 26, 2003
US
I have a new Exchange 2003 Server.

When I create a new user, JOE DOE

My exchange server assign a default email address to JOE DOE.

Currently his default email address is JDOE@mydomain.com but lets say I was his default email address default to Joe.Doe@mydomain.com. Currently every user I create now I create an Email alais. It just make setting up my user a little longer. How do I change this alias.

Is there a document that explains the steps to me?

Greg

You need to create another SMTP address from ADUC ,you can have any number you have.

If you would like the email address to be @mydomain.com for all users when you create them... From System Manager > Recipients > Recipient Policies > Right click the default policy and go to properties... Or create a new one if you like. Add the domain in there on the "E-Mail Addresses (Policy)" tab. Now when you create a new user it will have the accounts that you have specified in the policy. I beleive this will also add the email address to existing accounts in AD.

I hope this helps answer your question, it did seem that you wanted to do this on a global basis rather then just for one user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back