Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I do business cards???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkeduhsd

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2002
US
I am trying to use WordPerfect 9 to do business cards. I go in and select the business card label and type one card. How can I am that one card I typed populate all of the label cells???

Thanks,
JK

Generally, in a situation like this, each label (business card) is treated as a separate (logical) page. To have the same thing appear on all the business cards on a sheet, copy and paste it from the original one onto the subsequent ones.

You may want to press Ctrl-Enter to force WP to start a new page (if the next label isn't showing when you finish the first one). Then, when you copy, be sure to copy the "hard page" so that it moves you from the card you are pasting to the next one. That will usually give you an extra unwanted card at the end. You can eliminate that one by pressing Ctrl-End (to go to the end of the document) and then BackSpace. You could also use reveal codes to find the last HPg code and remove it. BlackburnKL

There is a faster way to do this in WP9, without getting into logical page size or copy and paste.
Click on the "Perfect Expert" button.
Click on "Start", "New Project". This brings up Perfect Expert. Under WordPerfect heading, click "Labels", then "Create". Now, click "Choose Size", I use one of the Avery Business Card (5 up) sizes, as they are standard size. Create your card and then click the button on the left marked "Fill Entire Sheet". WP fills the page, ready for printing pre-perforated business card sheets.

Thank you, I will give that a try.

JK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back