Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do i display unicode fonts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

converge

Programmer
Jul 10, 2002
US
i am very new to unicode fonts and have no idea how to display them. more specifically, i need to display japanese characters.

right now i'm developing an mfc dialog application. i tried setting the font to the unicode font in CreateFont but what character set do i use? also, when i copy and paste unicode characters in the visual studio editor, i just get "?"'s. thanks.

did you compile your project with the _UNICODE option set?
if you do that, all used strings will be in unicode input and output

I apologize for the straight forwardness of this but aparently you are not getting your auto replies from your other posts. This will be the last post I will make regarding this issue unless you notify me otherwise. In your previous posts on this topic, I have asked you to either post your email or send me an email at mgs@heartlab.com so I could send you the document I wrote up describing step by step, how to configure your system and application to display when UNICODE is defined. Also, there are 4 or 5 zip files that accompany the document that follow the steps. These would be sent one at a time. They were compiled using VC 6.0.

Once again I apologize but it seems like I type my responses for no reason.

Matt

does this also help me in having a wostream stream output unicode characters as unicode?

I checked my code, and it seems as if the << operator is overwritten in ostream, causing it to output my wide chars as ascii instead of unicode

if not, do you know the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back