Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I disable VSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sftx

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2001
US
How do I disable VSP for a windows client? We are running Netbackup Enterprise
Server5.0 MP3 on Solaris?

I've looked under the Host properties, and there isn't a checkbox to disable
this feature. Just an exclude list that can be over ridden easily.

Help!

Thanks,
Steve

It's located on the master servers properties under client attributes

Bob Stump
Just because the Veritas documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact

Hello,

I have the same problem, we are running NetBackup 5.1 and I went on the Master server and went under Host properties,
Clients and to the concern client, went to the properties under Windows Clients and under VSP, I still cannot find any disable check box or option to disable VSP.

Am I at the right spot to disable this option?

Thanks!

CP

Yeah, it can be kinda confusing.
It's located on the master servers properties

go to host properties ->
go to master servers ->
download the properties for the master server
then when you have downloaded the master server's properties got to the tab that is marked "Client Attributes"

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Thanks for the Info, I was able to navigate to the recommended path but in the proper window there is nothing listed under clients and all the optons are greyed out other than a Allow client browse and Allow client restore check that both are checked.

Do I need to add the client I want to remove the option on and then I would be able to disable the VSP, although the options are greyed out I do not see an option to disable VSP.

Thanks for your cooporation and patience!

Do I need to add the client? - yes
then you will be able to disable VSP

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Thanks! It's working now, I am not getting those huge VSPCache files anymore.

CP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back