Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW DO I DISABLE THE START BUTTON OF WINDOWS FROM VFP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

remsor

Programmer
Nov 5, 2002
PH
HELLO EXPERTS,

Can you help me on how do i disabled the START button in windows from VFP

thanks....

I thought of another dangerous solution that I haven't had a chance to test yet. (Actually, I do it on a regular basis accidently).
The VFP app could be run, and the app itself could kill the 'Explorer' app.
With Explorer not running, there is no start button or task bar. Of course, it will return with a restart.

-Dave S.-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

EricDenDoop,

Now you've gone and done it! I've got no Start button...even when I restart there is no start button. It's gone and I have no way to get it back. I called Microsoft and they said I would need to reformat my drive and reload windows in order to get it back and they also asked me for the person's name that had showed me how to do this. I told them it was you...I mean what else was I suppose to do? Oh by the way, I am just kidding.

Slighthaze = NULL

[ul][li]FAQ184-2483
An excellent guide to getting a fast and accurate response to your questions in this forum.[/li][/ul]

SllightHaze

Now you've gone and done it! I've got no Start button...

Note: you need to reboot Windows to get the start button again.

Didn't you read Eric's note? ;-)

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Mike,

Oooooooooooh! I'm always missing the fine print. Guess I should call Microsoft back and let them know that everything is ok, hope they haven't sent a goon squad by for Eric yet. ;-)

Slighthaze = NULL

[ul][li]FAQ184-2483
An excellent guide to getting a fast and accurate response to your questions in this forum.[/li][/ul]

EricDenDoop (Programmer)
thanks a lot.. star for you

Hi,

Thank, the code really work for my application which is meant for a kiosk.

Hi EricDenDoop,

Your code on remove startbutton is very good, but, i also want to know on how to reverse the process (show the startbutton back). If you can also give me the code. Thank you very much.

CGR707

Hi,

Just change The WINDOWSHOW For showing taskbar, WINDOWHIDE
For hiding the taskbar

FUNCTION ShowTaskBar
DECLARE LONG FindWindow IN "user32" STRING lpClassName, STRING lpWindowName
DECLARE LONG SetWindowPos IN "user32" LONG hWnd, LONG hWndInsertAfter, LONG x, LONG Y, LONG cx, LONG cy, LONG wFlags
#DEFINE WINDOWHIDE 0x80
#DEFINE WINDOWSHOW 0x40
LOCAL lnHandle
lnHandle = FindWindow("Shell_TrayWnd", "")
SetWindowPos(lnHandle, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, WINDOWSHOW) <== change this constant
ENDFUNC

H,

Can someone give me the reverse code of the base on the function below. After removing the startbutton, I also wanted to control and show back the startbutton. Thank you.

FUNCTION RemoveStartButton
DECLARE LONG FindWindow IN "user32" STRING lpClassName, STRING lpWindowName
DECLARE LONG SendMessage IN "user32" LONG hWnd, LONG wMsg, LONG wParam, LONG lParam
DECLARE LONG FindWindowEx IN "user32" LONG hWnd1, LONG hWnd2, STRING lpsz1, STRING lpsz2
#DEFINE WM_CLOSE 0x10
SendMessage(FindWindowEx(FindWindow("Shell_TrayWnd", ""), 0x0, "Button", .NULL.), WM_CLOSE, 0, 0)
ENDFUNC

CGR707

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back