Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I disable the Save Password in Nortel Contivity VPN Client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieterkza

Technical User
Jun 30, 2004
GB
Hi there

Does anyone know how I can disable the Save Password option in Nortel Contivity client V4.86? I know that you can disable this option in DUN, by adding the DisableSavePassword dword in the reg, but I cannot seem to get this right for Nortel Contivity client, must be doing something wrong!! I've played arounf with the tbk file, which save profile specifics, also with the registry, no joy. This is quite urgent, anyone please???! [ponder]

Thanks!

The advantage of Contivity and the client is that features like this are controlled by the Contivity on a usergroup basis. To disable this feature, go to the user group associated with this user. The next time this client logs on this setting will be pushed to the client and the client will not be able to change it.

Thanks networkmuti!!

But this once again brings up my question: Surely, when pushing this setting to the client, where is this value stored? How does the client then know, next time, that this option should be disabled. Does it create a reg entry, or an entry in the tbk file? It has to save this somewhere on the local PC? , or not?

coldt

Yeah, we know that, do you possibly know what the value is that you would enter in the tbk file? We all know it is in the registry or the tbk file, just don't know what the entry should look like. Is it DisableSavePassword, etc etc? That one doesn't work, by the way...
[neutral]

You set the "Allow password storage on client" under IPSEC of that particular group. Once the NORTEL VPN client logs in the setting will be pushed to the client. Yes, the NORTEL client must login to the contivity before the setting is set on the user side. This feature only works w/ the NORTEL VPN client.
Hope this helps!

Scott

My suggestions are what I would try myself. If incorrect, I welcome corrections to my knowledge.
Scott
stomlin@baptistfirst.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back