Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I disable OWA for a single user in Exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

roloexe

MIS
Oct 12, 2001
US
Actually, I have 2 questions, how would I disable OWA on single users in Exchange 5.5. Also how do I disable a users account without having to delete the mailbox in case I need to get back to the info later? Thanks in advance.

To disable OWA, get the mailbox properties and on the protocols tab disable the http protocol for the mailbox.

You can hide a mailbox from the adress list by checking the hide from adress book check-box on the advanced tab of the mailbox properties.

Regards

Thanks so much. That should work. I already have the mailbox hidden. Also, regarding not deleting the users mailbox, I've deleted smtp for the user so he can't get mail, but the mailbox is still able to send out. I thought there was a place in exchange 5.5 where I could just disbale the it but not delete it, like in Active directory. Thanks again.

Don't think you are able to just disable the account, except I guess if you remove all permissions.

Personally I'd back the account up to PST then delete it, makes better house keeping practice.

From the User Manager in NT or Win2K, disable the user's account. He/She will not be able to login at all.

to stop the mailbox sending mail out change the smtp address to something silly, then your routing restrictions should stop the mail going out

Why should you change the smtp adress? This will only cause unnecessary network trafic.
Change the mailbox limit to 5 K and prohibit send when over this limit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back