Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I disable internet email 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2002
GB
Hi

I have 1 exchange 2000 test server and test users are able to send and receive email locally and via the internet

How do i disable 2 test users from sending out emails to the internet (it is ok for them to receive internet email and to send and receive local office email)

any help would be greatly appreciated (particularly step by step instructions as my books haven't arrived yet). I don't have much exchange 2000 knowledge (only mcp exchange 5.5 knowledge)

thanks "Work to live, don't live to work"

"The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back"

To block outgoing, you'll need to set up an SMTP Connector, using * as your default domain. Then add in your restricted users under Delivery permissions. Lastly, do the registry edit below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Resvc/Parameters/

Add a Value, and then add the following registry value:

Value Name: CheckConnectorRestrictions
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Radix: Hexadecimal
Value: 1

then restart exchange smtp and routing engine.

thanks I'll give that a go "Work to live, don't live to work"

"The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back"

This worked out for me!! Thanks,

-=MaYHeM=-
-=IS MGR=-

hi,
i want to know how u have done configuration for both internet and local emails send/recieve. could u send me the configuration process so that i can do the same with my exchange server
cheers
srini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back