Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i determine what model switch and edition of software i have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDAphoneGuy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2009
US
I'm new to my job and to the PBX world and would like to know the basics of my switch to facilitate future queries. How can i determine what model switch I have and what software edition i'm using. I know I have an Avaya Definity system with Intuity Audix Messaging service and my terminal is running what i believe to be the standard graphic interface, Avaya Site Admin.

Take a look at the results when you invoke the following on the command line in communication manager:

"newterm"...without the quotes, of course. You should see the version and software release come up at the top of the screen.

from CM Command: prompt
go shell (if using a login with shell permissions) will get you to linux. "exit" will get you back to CM Command: prompt

from linux command line:

"swversion" will show the software version and hardware platform.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Sounds like you are using Gedi interface in which case newterm won't work, either way, type this: list config soft

Will give you software version. "disp capacity" usually does too on the last page.

faq690-6418

This should give you a good start with your new job. This has helped a lot of people get started in the right direction.

If you have any problems do a search at the top of the page. Odds are, someone else has had the same problems and it has been discussed before. Also look at the other FAQ's at the top. A lot of great information there.

Lastly, if you have a problem that you can not find an answer to, don't be afraid to post. We have numerous people here that have been doing this a lot time and do not mind helping others.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Great, thank you mikeydidit, the "list command worked great. I'm not sure what the most updated software version is, but which line will tell me which update i have?

cut and paste your output from the list command.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Software Versions
SPE_A SPE_B
UPDATE FILE
CREATION (GMT) R-MEDIA: 1:51am SAT APR 14, 2007
(GMT) DISK: 1:51am SAT APR 14, 2007
OLD VERSION R-MEDIA: R011r.03.1.531.0

There is some more but i am having to type this in. also under software version later down the page it says the same "R011r.03.1.531.0" under Memory residebt and r-media resident.

Sorry for the delay in posting. thank you again in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back