Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I delete a phantom number? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrr30809

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
US
I recently installed a 3904 phone to replace a 3903 phone since the employee wanted speed dial options. Our rep. advised that no changes would be needed. I later learned that I would need to out his existing phone and cpy from one of our existing 3904 phones. I did this but there was only one other phone to cpy so this employee wound up with all the phantom numbers of the other phone. I need to find out how to delete these.

Any help is appreciated!

Also keeping in mind that the keys start at 0 at the bottom right and go up from there then over to the left column.

5 2
4 1
3 0 <-Your main number

Repeat the above for each key with an undesirable number

Thank you Lee this was exactly what I needed to know. I am real new to this so the keys 0-5 diagram was awesome and really helped find the ones I needed to delete.

you can also chg a key to the correct usage without doing the nul.. id

chg
4 0
echg yep
key 1 adl 16

would erase the key and add an autodial that allows up to a 16 digit number.. and another FYI "phantom" numbers are defined in the manuals and those were not phantom just wronge or unwanted... small point but knowing the language is 50 percent of learning the switch... if you use the manuals and search for removing phantom numbers you would never find the correct answer... just for future post

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John! Also, good advice on the correct lingo. Do you know any links that I could use to get a copy of the manuals for 3903 and 3904 phones on a Option11c & Meridian Mail system? The person who taught me the "basics" really did teach me the least possible amount with no manual and does not give straight forward answers when asked questions on this subject. I have been in a tight spot many of times and was saved by the archives and threads on this site!!!

Cool...Thank you again for your help and advice. This site and the people willing to help are invaluable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back