Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I decompile a secured database Access 97 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna22

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
GB
I have a secured Access 97 database that I am experiencing some weird problems. The most annoying of these is that when I select Debug>>Compile and Save All Modules" from the menu in the vba editing screen I have to wait a long time with egg-timer on before the changes are saved. I have been using Access for 4 years now and I have never had this problem before. Even with small changes say editing one word, I have to wait 2 or 3 minutes - and the more editing I do before compiling the code the longer I have to wait. The problem has only just started in the last couple of days and I am using the same PC as usual and the PC setup (H/Ware and S/Ware) has not been changed since new (approx. 3 months old).
This symptom of saving taking a long time applies to saving other Object changes (Forms, Records etc.) but the problems are only in this one particular database - other database projects are OK.
The shortcut icon to start the database has the following
target to start the database using the security ".mdw" file:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Msaccess.exe" "C:\PCL Timsheets\Exeter\TMajor\SecureTimeSheet.mdb" /wrkgrp "C:\PCL Timsheets\Exeter\TMajor\Pcltssys.mdw
Please let me know:
a) If you think De-Compiling will help...
b) Any other suggestions you can think of and...
c) How to decompile a secured database using the Target path above.
My PC is a Compaq Deskpro EN, PIII 1Ghz, 128mb ram
Running Win2K Pro. sp1, Office 97 Pro sp2b

Try this:

Click Start and select Run.

Type this into the commandline "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\MSACCESS.EXE" /decompile "C:\PCL Timsheets\Exeter\TMajor\SecureTimeSheet.mdb"
Make sure that you have the correct path to Access and to your database name

From there you want to recompile and save then close. Then re-open the db. That's what works for me.

Hope that helps

Bob [pc]

Many thanks for your help - I had just about given up on this.
I decompiled the database and then re-compiled the code and - hey presto the problem is solved

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back